Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Waiting Game

"We just have to wait." These are the words I hear from my sister after her last doctor appointment to see how she is progressing along to having the baby. She is 39 weeks now and Emma is just under 8 lbs., she can come anytime, but we just have to keep waiting until she is ready to make her debut.

It is so hard to hear those words because we just want her to be here, healthy and in our arms. I know I am being impatient and should just be happy things are coming along and everyone is healthy, and I am, believe me, but it is still just so hard. My sister is miserable and getting so big, she is not comfortable any which way she adjusts and is just ready to give birth already! I know all pregnant women have to go through this, so it is par for the course, and I know all the Mother's out there reading this blog are thinking "cry me a river," but again just so hard. It is just a waiting game.

It will be perfect if Emma comes before my birthday, July 23rd. I just really want her here before that day - that is too far out to wait! We have lots of people guessing dates; today, the 14th, my guess is the 17th or 19th, the 27th and so on. I know she will come one of these days, but we are all so impatient. The doctor told us to stop talking about it and thinking about it, but let's be realistic...every time my phone rings and it is my sis, brother-in-law or Mom, I think Layne has gone into labor and that is why they are calling me. But, nope that has not been why they are calling so far. There was a false alarm or two, but not the real thing. I know the phone call will come soon, but this labor process is so slow.

I guess for now I will just wait because that is all I can do, but it makes me very anxious. When Emma finally gets here, I know I will forget all about this waiting we have had to do because it will be so worth the wait. Come on Emma!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know you will be one happy Auntie! Just know that each day helps Emma grow so much stronger. I know it is hard on Layne right now (I remember those 100-degree temps!), but she'll be longing for the day when she had an excuse not to move soon enough! :0)

    ReplyDelete