Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My First Blog Post

So, I'm officially here. In the blogosphere. Finally.

I have been wanting to be a part of the blogosphere for a long time now and just have not broken down and done it. I am so glad I finally just said, do it - and here I am. I always worried about what would I write about? Would my family and friends like it? Would people comment on my posts? Could I write enough to at least post something once a week and keep people coming back to my blog? All of these things are just petty and I cannot worry about it because I cannot control them. So, I hope you read this blog and are intrigued and want to come back and read more, but if not, that is ok too, I can accept it. But, here I am and here goes nothing.

I read about what to write in a first blog post (of course). And all I kept finding was to tell a little about yourself and then why you are blogging. First, let me just say, I am blogging to blog...I like to write my thoughts down, record them and a blog is a great way to do that. No crazy idea I have to make this blog make me money or anything like that, just want to be a part of the blogosphere. I stalk lots of people's blogs and am proud of it, so now people can blog stalk me too..if they so choose.

So who the heck am I? I am a single gal living in the Atlanta area with my adorable Shih-Tzu, Madison (aka Maddie). I moved to Atlanta a little over 4 years ago after graduating from The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL...ROLL TIDE ROLL...I miss those T-town days! I am a native of Tampa, FL and miss the FL beaches and my friends and family there A LOT!! But, I love the friends and family I have here in Atlanta and know that most of them will be friends for a lifetime. I have worked for a marketing firm for just over 4 years now and I do love my job and the people I work with...that helps motivate me to get to work everyday! My life is great...great friends and family, good job, fun, fun, fun, but is missing one small part...a significant other to share my life and hopes and dreams with. However, I know that I will meet my Prince Charming one day and will live happily everafter. Who knows, maybe he will find me by reading this blog...hmmm...a girl can dream can't she?!?

What is consuming my life right now is that I am about to be an Aunt! My sister is about to have a baby girl...any day now! We are not so patiently waiting on Emma to grace us with her presence and couldn't be more excited, as most of you reading this probably know :-) I just hope she comes into this world happy and healthy and knows what a loving family and community she has ready to watch over her and be there for her, always. We all love her so much already, it is unbelievable. She is the first grandchild on both sides for my sister and her husband, so that could have something to do with it! As soon as she comes into this world, this blog will have a lot of posts and pics all about her - no surprise to the people who know me!

I just consider myself lucky to be alive and well and plan to wow you all with my blogging abilities...ha...just kidding! But, I hope you all keep coming back to check up on me, my life, my friends and family, and enjoy the posts I share in the blogosphere. Any suggestions to this new blogger are also welcome anytime :-)


5 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogging world. I added you to my google reader subscription :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm glad you jumped in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aunt Stephanie! We're so glad you decided to blog about your adventures as a new aunt! xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What a beautiful daughter I have! So proud of you and will look forward to following your Blog :-) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Stephanie! This comes from your "southernmost" cousin, on the edge of the Everglades. I just returned from Tampa and a wonderful visit with your dad, Auntie, and G'mom. I'll tell you, to be in their 90s, those two great ladies are amazing! We had such a good time with them. And your dad is a peach. He is so very kind and thoughtful. He misses his girls, too. He says his bag is packed and as soon as Emma calls, he's "on the plane."

    Love your blog! And love you, too!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete